EVER-Y-BODY GET DOWN. UH-HUH, GET DOWN.
Spent a few hours at a party for an old-friend-from-highschool's birthday. As always, I along with one other person (possibly two, but the jury is still out on that one) were the only ones sober. I migled. I socialized (as much as possible with most attention spans there). I came. I saw (some asian girl get completely plastered and fall over mid-stride, and then get totally felt up by a group of drunk guys). I left.
I ran into like half of my high school there, of course. Which was a little awkward because I had to answer the same two questions to everyone.
"Mike Stan?! What are you doing here?"
&
"So where's Erin?"
The latter of the two q's always ended up in me explaining what happened between Erin and I to someone who couldn't understand what I was saying in the first place. A girl that went to grade school with Erin (and dated a friend of mine from hs) was the first to ask about Erin. (Shit, I was surprised she knew who I was) I litterally had to leave the room afterwards. Later, I guess I just got used to it and basically shut off any emotional response that would have been there when asked before.
The most unbelievably adorable friend of mine, who is one of the most sweetest girls on this planet... was insanely drunk. The last 10 or 20 mins of the time that I was there was spent sitting arm-in-arm with her on a couch listening to a couple of my friends talk. Now, listen. She was really drunk. She was flopping all over the place and whispering in my ear how she didn't like a really good friend of both of ours during high school when the friend in question was sitting next to us and was one of the few sober ones as well. Nonetheless, it honestly felt good to have so much physical contact with someone. Something I have not had in like a year or so. It was terrible seeing this epitemy of "cuteness" drunk out of her mind, but it was still wonderful to feel someone next to me. And I don't mean this in the same way those guys who felt up the passed-out chick do.
Anyway, like I said... I came. I saw. I was told that I looked really thin. I left.
Now Playing: Ratatat - "Desert Eagle"


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home