Film School^(1+7(Books))/2 Days = JESSS!
Well. This was an awesome weekend.
Friday morning I visited Columbia and was wowed by their ability to wow me. And then the tour started!
I'm going to love going to this place. Its in the city. I can take my major's classes all together right away. I will get to actually do what I've been wanting to do since that night on Erin's couch spent watching "Vanilla Sky." (Okay. Its been a lot longer than that, but that night kinda was a light bulb moment nonetheless)
In any case, it will be wonderful to go to a real school and work directly towards my major and nothing else.
LATER THAT NIGHT...
...came Six Flags Great America! First time back there since Erin and my two-year anniversary.
- The Viper
- Raging Bull
- The Demon
- Superman the Ride
- Batman the Ride
- Vertical Velocity
- Iron Wolf
- The American Eagle
The longest line was about 30 mins and that was for Superman (which was quite cool). Matt, KC and I tried to look like tigers for the picture because of the funky position the ride puts you in. Well, it came out as more of an even sadder version of the bat baby from the National Inquirer. All the other lines were about 2 - 5 mins. It was a great night because we had IHOP afterwords. (we were gonna have Olive Garden, but the American Eagle trumped those plans and, in reaction to that, I drove up onto the curb of the Olive Garden screaming that IHOP now enjoyed our business.
I passed the Orbit and couldn't help but get sappy. I texted Erin and told her I missed her. She left me a message on May 4th telling me she loved me and she would be home soon and we haven't gotten a hold of eachother since. We really do love eachother and its a pretty great feeling. I had to call her and leave her a concert message consisting of "That Right Ain't Shit." I hope she heard it... Oh! The concert! You don't know!
The Books concert was... fucking awesome. I would say it was even better than when I saw them at the Art Institute in the fall of '03. This time, at U of Chicago (which looks stunningly like Hogwarts from the Harry Potter movies), they played longer and had a video projector playing some pretty genius videos that they made for their music. I briefly talked with the head man, Nick and the cellist, Paul (which was pretty fucking cool). I said in passing that they should visit Chicago more often. Nick bowed and thanked me. He had pointed me out in the crowd late in the show as Matt, KC and I were sitting right in front of the band on the stairs. If any of you get the chance to see them, ever, you should. I was lucky this time around because it was a free show, but hey, you can pay anything to see them and it would be worth it. Again. The Books. Great group.
So yeah, this has been pretty great and now, after a huge meal for Mother's day, I have to sit and type out the openning and closing statements for my group's speech for tomorrow.
...
Yeah. Still great.
Now Playing: The Books (Live in Chicago - Fall '03) - "Excess Strausses/Getting the Done Job"


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home